Friday, February 5, 2010

Goin' To the Dogs


Nothing like a trip to the dog track to lift your Super Bowl Week spirits! I have never been to this form of gambling, but now I can cross it off my list.

Won a few races, but lost more than I won. Actually had three SEPARATE $2 bets to WIN, and I end up missing a boxed trifecta for $338.

DOH!



Ah yes, the grizzled hard core dog bettors. (Note: I did not bother them for advice. Seemed busy, and grumpy.)






Nice, doggy. Now, RUN YOU BASTARD!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


Radio Row scene, a "Raider Reunion" on Sirius NFL Radio with Rich Gannon, (host) Adam Schein, Warren Sapp and Tim Brown.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>





Played golf this week at a semi-private 36 hole facility in Ft. Lauderdale called "Jacaranda Golf Club." For a typical Florida course (flat, lots of water hazards, mix in palm trees) it was actually quite nice. The bunkering was excellent and interesting. Furthermore, they had a bunch of awesome looking trees that had massive root systems like a bundle of wires. These were large, mature, gorgeous trees, with huge canopies. For a tree geek like me, I loved em.

No comments:

Post a Comment