Friday, February 18, 2011

Hey Dummies. You're Broke

Unlike the thousands of Milwaukee teachers who claimed to be "sick" today to protest union benefit cuts, I actually am sick! A fast moving bout of the flu, or so it seems, where as of 3 p.m. yesterday I was fine, then by 9 p.m. I was a shivering, full body pain mess.

So I've been a little bit out of the loop on the whole Wisconsin state teachers' union showdown.

Now that I'm up to speed: WTF?!

So Democrats are now literally running away from the state's budget problems. That's good. Well done. Just run away, like a 10 year old boy who is mad at his mommy.

Nice leadership, Democrats.

I hope Scott Walker and the state troopers round 'em all up, and drag their asses back to the state house kicking and screaming.

In reading about some of this, I came across this classic clip or Ronald Reagan telling Air Traffic Controllers to get their asses back to work, or they will be TERMINATED!



Man, just watching it, gives me conservative wood. Ronaldus Maximus did the entire country a favor when he did this, clipping a union that had clearly gotten out of control. I love how he pointed out that unions which strike in a private sector company, is fine. It's that public sector unions, still have to provide the public the services which we as taxpayers all pay for.

Screw these teachers in Wisconsin, and let it be known that other states are correct to be coming after other public sector pensions and benefits. They are totally out of control, and unsustainable. I know, it sucks to take a pay cut Ms. Shiny Apple Teacher.

But the state is broke. There is no other option. And besides, the electorate spoke last November.

Elections have consequences. Welcome to the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment