Friday, September 16, 2011

Starr vs. Favre

Thanks to the boys and girls at NFL Films for letting me be a talking head contributor to their ongoing "Top 10" series. Packer fans will want to set their DVR's for this beauty on Saturday night, as they tackle the ol' Favre vs. Starr debate.

I am an admitted outsider, so you can take my opinion for what it's worth. (Translation: not worth as much as a diehard, but perhaps a worthy opinion to compare against as a mostly neutral observer).

To me, Bart Starr is so iconic and beloved up there in Green Bay, and Wisconsin in general, that Favre will never come close to his stature. And yet, he could have eclipsed Starr had he not shown such crass indifference to the loyalty of the fanbase.

Brett Favre never had class. Bart Starr, IS class. It's just that simple.

A gigantic pile of passing records and the games played streak will never eclipse the legend of Bart.

But what do I know?

Enjoy the special.

No comments:

Post a Comment