Friday, January 6, 2012

Say Your Prayers, Timmy

There is no sure thing in sports, and that's exactly why we love 'em.

Sports are America's original, and still greatest, reality show. You just have to watch to find out.

As such, maybe Tim Tebow and the 8-8 Broncos can beat the 12-4, Six-Time World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers. Maybe Tebow's 46% completions will be good enough against a Steeler defense that was ranked #1 in the NFL in just about every meaningful category this year.

Maybe.

My money says: no chance.

Not even with Big Ben on a peg-leg and Rashard Mendenhall sitting at home penning his latest 9/11 conspiracy theory.

No. Not in a million years should Denver win this game. They have played two good teams since Halloween, and were roasted by both (Detroit hung 45 and New England hung 41). Both in Mile High.

So what do you do if you are a gamblin' man? That's just what one of my listeners asked....

FROM: Horia N.
TO: Czabe
RE: Gambling

Czabe,

I could NOT agree with you more regarding Steelers being the lock of the century. I am looking to play my first action EVER on this game, and looking to do it big (well for me at least). Is there a site that you recommend for doing this?

Thanks, 
Horia
Well, to begin with, let's all remember Furio's sage advice: "Bet wit' a you head, no' over it."
Here was my response to Horia regarding "off-shore" action...
Unfortunately, getting your money "off-shore" to where there are "legal" sports books is cumbersome, and just a bit dicey. The US government (asshats) are throwing up all kinds of roadblocks to try to "shut down" these sites, to mixed results. The very legality of off-shore wagering still remains in a gray area. 
I have not bet with an off-shore book in many many years. 
But when I once DID, I had to physically MAIL a cashiers check to a random address in Barbados and just TRUST that I was not going to be ripped off. (I was not, thankfully). Then you can wager, and then you can hopefully get paid once you win. 
The site I used is called www.thegreek.com and  they have a pretty good reputation. I have not tried to move money their way in some time, and they have a page detailing the MANY ways you can do so, but I have not tried any of them. 
They do have a CREDIT CARD option, but I could SWEAR that such an option is not available to US citizens at this time. 
Give it a try, and let me know how it goes. Start small, and work up from there.
I suppose I should conduct a thorough report on just how and where you can or can't get some sweet action "off-shore" these days.
If you don't mind, please respond below with your own experience and knowledge on the state of the off-shore sports wagering industry, and we'll build on it from there.

In the meantime, here's Tony Soprano's take on gambling in "Chasing It"




No comments:

Post a Comment