Thursday, February 23, 2012

You Can Call Her "Tough", Too

Look, I goof on Danica Patrick as much as the next guy. I give her crap about how she said she would prefer to be called "pretty" and not "sexy".

Whatever.

I don't pretend to know enough about auto racing, to say whether she's "good" or "mediocre" or a complete fraud of a driver.

I know she's a tough woman. Tough enough to take a bump like this, and climb out of the car, and be ready to race again on Sunday in a brand new rig she knows virtually nothing about.



Hell, she's mentally tough to put up with all the crap that goes with her aggressive marketing in a boys game, that breeds resentment and behind-the-back whispers.

Maybe she's not ready for driving these cumbersome taxi cabs at 200 mph. I don't know.

I know that after this, however, my respect for her has grown just a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment