Monday, April 26, 2010

I Think My Car Is Trying to Kill Me


Or, I am a careless, horrible driver.

You pick.

So let's now tally up how my 2005 Acura TL has treated me since I've owned it.

First of all, I have loved the car. Great, great car. Love it. Rides nice. Lots of near luxury features for the dollar, Honda engineering.

Problem is, I have now hit the following.

Deer (Fall '08) - KILLED
Deer (Winter '09) - Charging foul, deer lived.
Beltway Divider Wall (Winter '09)*
Door (Spring '09) - Cut down one tire. Only 5 mins late to work.
Deer (Spring '10) - KILLED (pics below)

* The beltway inner wall I hit after doing a full 360 in a snowstorm. Pretty scary, but miraculously didn't do anything more than scrape the right rear bumper and missed all other cars. Didn't even need a tow truck. Just gently slid back onto the road and went to work.

Now, here's the latest damage to the sled.

I need your help, oh readers.

Should I....

a. Sell the damn thing, it's jinxed!
b. Get remedial driving lessons
c. Ride it until I land in "the big one".
d. Just hose off those guts and pretend nothing happened.

Thanks for your support, people. I am sure the comments below will be merciless.



No comments:

Post a Comment