Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Red Faced Lie



So now we know: Shanny went rogue.

Dr. Andrews says so.
"I'm the one that shut him down that day, finally," Andrews said. "I've been a nervous wreck letting him come back as quick as he has. He's doing a lot better this week, but he's still recovering and I'm holding my breath because of it. 
"He passed all the tests and all the functional things we do, but it's been a trying moment for me, to be honest with you."
This is deeply troubling on two fronts.

1. Shanahan apparently has a maniacal desire to win now, no matter what the cost.
2. He's an arrogant liar.

It's one thing to be coy about the current actual health of players heading into games.

This is something entirely different.

It's coaching malpractice.

And this story just got legs, at the worst time.

No comments:

Post a Comment